Here are few Explainer Videos
The Myths of Entrepreneurship:
A Video about the whole Effectual Cycle
Check out a couple of these videos of effectual entrepreneurs
As you watch Daymond John, one of the sharks from Shark Tank tell his story to Inc Magazine’s Scott Gerber, notice the difference between Scott’s causal questions and Daymond’s effectual answers :-)
In this excerpt from CBS’ 60 Minutes, see how far an effectual ask can take you, even if your business is just making pickles in a small town.
When it comes to creating more entrepreneurs how does the number half a million sound? Watch Professor Sarasvathy interview Helena Casanovas Vieira who did exactly that through the organization she co-founded in Brazil Alianca Empreendedora.
Take a deeper dive by reading a few academic articles
These articles about Effectuation are a good balance of theory and practice.
- Read the original journal article that launched Effectuation by Professor Sarasvathy
2001 Sarasvathy AMR Article Link
- In the Effectuation MOOC Professor Sarasvathy introduced a framework to understand the interaction between prediction and control. Dive further into prediction and control and how entrepreneurs use non-predictive control in their planning.
2006 Wiltbank SMJ What to do Next Article Link
- Would you like to apply the Prediction Control framework to negotiation?
2022 Sarasvathy and Botha Negotiation Journal Article Link
- Think that venture investors are more sophisticated than Angels and gain superior returns? Think again. If you are raising money here is some important research to keep in mind when deciding where to go for funding.
2009 Wiltbank JBV Angel Article Link
- Social media has become fertile ground for entrepreneurship with influencer posts, blogging, videos and channels emerging as both the most dynamic and the most effectual.
2017 Gustafson JBV Social Media Article Link
Tell us in your own words, what you would like to do next. We want to know so that we can add the right content and functionality to the site. Please feel free to offer anything you would like to contribute to the site as well.